Wrkr Ltd (ABN 50 611 202 414) and its subsidiaries, including ClickSuper Pty Limited (ABN 48 122 693 985), Jagwood Pty Ltd (ABN 76 122 542 992), Payment Advisor Pty Ltd (ABN 28 169 581 524) and Comply Path Ltd (ABN 25 641 641 330), (‘Wrkr’) recognises an individual’s right to privacy and understands that protection and confidentiality of personal information is important.
Wrkr is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (‘Act’) and the Australian Privacy Principles, which govern how organisations must handle personal information.
What personal information do we collect?
‘Personal information’ is defined as any ‘information or an opinion about an identified individual or an individual that is reasonably identifiable, whether the information is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.’
We may collect the following kinds of personal information about individuals (including individuals who interact directly with us and/or individuals who interact with our clients and/or with us via our clients), including your name, contact details, date of birth, gender, occupation, tax file number, employment and superannuation related information (including salary details, amount of superannuation contributions and the recipient superannuation fund) and bank account details.
Some personal information collected by Wrkr may be considered sensitive information, as defined by the Act, such as membership of a professional or trade association, or of a trade union. To the extent you provide us sensitive information voluntarily, you consent to our collection of such information.
If you don’t provide us with personal information, we are unlikely to be able to provide you with our products and services.
We collect information on website activity, such as the number of users who visit the website, the date and time of visits, the number of pages viewed and navigation patterns. This information does not identify the individual but it does provide us with detail we can use to improve the website.
How do we collect and hold personal information?
We may collect personal information directly from you in the course of providing our products and services, from our website, mobile applications and other online platforms, and/or directly from you, including using cookies (data files placed on your device or computer), log files and security tokens
We may also collect information about you indirectly, including where your employer, payroll provider, accountant or financial advisor uses our products and/or services. Wrkr requests its clients’ notify individuals of the collection, use and disclosure of an individual’s personal information to and by service providers, such as Wrkr.
ClickSuper regards the security of your personal information as a priority. We take precautions to protect your information using physical, electronic, technical, and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorised access, disclosure and alteration. For example, some of the security measures in place include:
- information access authorisation controls;
- restricting access to personal information to a limited number of staff- only those who require access to perform their job function;
- instructing staff on the obligations concerning the handling of personal information;
- Firewalls, virus scanning software and anti-intruder systems;
- Use of secure networks or data encryption when we receive or send personal information electronically; and
- Physical access controls to data centres.
We store and process personal information on computers located in Australia, however our third party service providers, who we disclose personal information to may utilise overseas data services to process information.
How we use and disclose personal information
Wrkr collects personal information to enable us to:
- provide our products and services to our customers and clients;
- to communicate information about our products and services;
- (where you have consented, if such consent is required by law) to provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services (including targeted advertisements) or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you;
- to improve and optimise our platforms (including our website and mobile applications as applicable) and services;
- for our internal administrative, research, planning, marketing and product development purposes; and
- to comply with our legal obligations.
Wrkr offers payment processing and information reporting services for its clients. In providing those services, personal information is disclosed to the recipients nominated by the individual and advised to us by the Wrkr client.
Depending on the service being provided, Wrkr may also disclose personal information to:
- your professional advisors, including your accountant or financial advisor;
- any other third party authorised by you;
- a governmental or regulatory body (such as ASIC, ATO, AUSTRAC, or a law enforcement agency);
- our professional advisers, including lawyers, auditors and accountants; a person or body as directed by a court order; and
- external service providers, including our information technology service providers and payment gateway providers, that enable us to provide our products and services.
Wrkr takes steps to ensure that our external service providers keep your personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which the external service providers, and Wrkr, are authorised.
Wrkr does not provide personal information to any third party for any marketing purposes.
How can personal Information be accessed or updated?
An individual may request access to the personal information held by Wrkr, by contacting the Privacy Officer at Wrkr, using the details below.
An individual who is an employee of a Wrkr client is encouraged to contact their employer, the Wrkr client to gain access to their personal information. Wrkr may provide an individual with access to personal information, in compliance with the Privacy Act.
To change incorrect, incomplete or out of date information held by Wrkr an individual
If you have a concern of complaint
If you have a concern or complaint about the privacy of personal information held by us please contact the Privacy Officer, using the details below.
The Privacy Officer will investigate any complaint and contact the individual with details of the outcome of the matter, within a reasonable period of time. If you do not consider our response satisfactory, you may contact the Australian Privacy Commissioner at its website www.oaic.giv.au or by telephone on 1300 363 992.
GPO Box 1888
Sydney NSW 2001
Get help & support